601 5th Street South
st petersburg, fl 33701
This course covers all requirements issued by: Code 64B4-6.0025
Approved 12 Hour Continuing Education Course for Supervisory Training to become a Qualified Supervisor in the State of Florida.
- Become familiar with the major models of supervision for clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling;
- Gain skills to develop a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapy;
- Understand the co-evolving dynamics of therapist-client and supervisor-therapist-client relationships;
- Explore distinctive issues that arise in supervision;
- Address the contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics;
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision;
- Review the Florida laws and the board rules governing interns and supervision; and,
- Understand the role of evaluation in supervision.
How is Florida Mental Health Licensure Services different from other providers teaching the Qualified Supervisor Training?
- We provide you with a Clinical Supervision/Professional Development Manual and instructions for use with supervisees. This manual is designed to become a unique, personal, reference manual for the supervisee. It has been extensively field-tested and has gained excellent reviews.
- We will provide you with already made supervison contracts, consent forms, supervision notes template and much more.
- We use multiple modalities for teaching which include role plays, vignettes, videos of actual supervision from different supervison models, power point and group discussions. We believe in learning from best practices of others and using the group to open discussion of how supervison may be applied to multiple different types of professional settings.
Florida Mental Health Licensure is Board Approved Provider #770 and CE Provider for LMHC, LMFT, LCSW and Psychologists. CE Broker #50-606.