This course covers all requirements issued by: Code 64B4-6.0025
Approved 12 Hour Continuing Education Course for Supervisory Training to become a Qualified Supervisor in the State of Florida.
- Become familiar with the major models of supervision for clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling;
- Gain skills to develop a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapy;
- Understand the co-evolving dynamics of therapist-client and supervisor-therapist-client relationships;
- Explore distinctive issues that arise in supervision;
- Address the contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics;
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision;
- Review the Florida laws and the board rules governing interns and supervision; and,
- Understand the role of evaluation in supervision.
How is Florida Mental Health Licensure Services different from other providers teaching the Qualified Supervisor Training?
- We provide you with a Clinical Supervision/Professional Development Manual and instructions for use with supervisees. This manual is designed to become a unique, personal, reference manual for the supervisee. It has been extensively field-tested and has gained excellent reviews.
- We will provide you with already made supervison contracts, consent forms, supervision notes template and much more.
- We use multiple modalities for teaching which include role plays, vignettes, videos of actual supervision from different supervison models, power point and group discussions. We believe in learning from best practices of others and using the group to open discussion of how supervison may be applied to multiple different types of professional settings.
We Will Come to You
The Florida Qualified Supervisor Training is offered upon request throughout Florida. If interested in hosting a training at your location call Kellie Garza M.A., LMHC, CST at 321-403-703 or firstname.lastname@example.org. It is offered as a “bare bones” training and does not include such amenities as luncheon buffets, large convention centers, etc. In this manner, costs can be kept to a minimum, the training can be individualized, and the training can be completed in the most time and cost-effective manner possible. In brief, the experienced, qualified, CEU provider comes to the participant rather than the participant traveling many miles at great cost, requiring hotel accommodations, etc…
Florida Mental Health Licensure is Board Approved Provider #770 and CE Provider for LMHC, LMFT, LCSW and Psychologists. CE Broker #50-606.